Friday, February 23, 2018

The Significance of Perfume and My Favorite Ones

I love a sweet smelling fragrance, but it can be overwhelming trying to find the perfect one. The tone or message you are trying to convey with your perfume can be very challenging to match - but it's necessary when trying to find the scent that is meant for you.

I love hugging a friend or family member, smelling their perfume, and picking out the specific scents that make it reflective of that person. Is it floral? Fruity? Spicy? Citrus?


My mom was a huge fan of perfume, she always smelled amazing! When I hugged her, I knew I would smell like her all day long, and I loved that. To this day, when I smell her perfumes, I feel as though she is just as close to me, and instantly a piece of my heart smiles. That says something right there.

When you've found the perfect one, it becomes a big part of special moments in your life - the perfume will bring back the sweetest of memories forever. That's the beauty of it all...

Can I also mention that perfectly designed bottle??? That's important to me too 😊!


When we got married it took me months to find a perfume. I wanted to choose one that made me smell the way I felt - happy, beautiful, full of life, thankful, blessed and so in love. I wanted my husband to forever remember the way I smelled that day. I knew that when I wore that perfume for anniversaries and sweet times to come, I wanted him to be taken back to that special day.

Sappy? Maybe. Romantic? Yes. And I am so glad that I did that. I had headaches for days each time I went sniff-shopping, but SO worth it.

THE perfume I chose for our wedding day is number one on my Loving Lately list - surprise surprise! I doubt that will ever change! Each fragrance sends off a very different tone / aura and I choose them specifically for the occasion that I'm wearing them for.



1. Roses de Chloé   2. Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium  3. Elizabeth and James Nirvana White  4. Jessica Simpson Fancy Love  5. Elizabeth and James Nirvana Black  6. Chloé Love Story
7. Tocca Giulietta

I hope you find a beautiful fragrance that reflects the way you feel, the one that is the perfect match for you, and the one that takes your loved ones on a sweet smelling journey to all the special moments you share together now, and for years to come.

Love,
Malina
xo

(The first two pictures in this post are taken by Briana Macon of Macon Photography on our wedding day.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet Possibilities

There is just something about these warm months that get my brain going in the right direction🌞. I get inspired to do wonderful things! Doe...