Monday, February 26, 2018

Minnow Cakes - 2 (flourless!) Ingredient Pancakes



These pancakes are a delicious and easy-to-make breakfast for both adults and the little's. They're flourless and only 2 ingredients, to boot! They have a very soft consistency, and are easy to chew for babies. Koa is one, and she loves them (hence the post-title, Minnow Cakes... Minnow is one of our many nicknames for her)!


Ingredients

  • Two organic bananas
  • Two organic eggs 

Optional Ingredients

  • Cinnamon
  • Splash of vanilla
  • Toppers or fillings: blueberries, strawberries, chocolate chips etc.
    • Add to batter once dropped into the pan OR top your cakes with them after cooked
Instructions:
Mash banana really well, drop eggs in and stir (I also added in some cinnamon). Heat stove to medium heat, use coconut oil or butter for pan. Drop small portions of batter into the pan (sand-dollar size), and flip after about one minute on each side. 

Finish with your favorite toppers. For Koa's, I didn't add syrup, they were sweet enough as is. For mine, I added small slices of bananas and drizzled them with my favorite organic maple agave blend from Trader Joes -  see here, picture below (I buy it in store, I couldn't find a link to it on their website). 

Trader Joe's Organic Maple Agave Syrup Blend

Let me know if you try them! 

xo,
Malina 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet Possibilities

There is just something about these warm months that get my brain going in the right direction🌞. I get inspired to do wonderful things! Doe...