Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Mixing Textures and Styles

Mixing textures and styles is a fun way to spice up your everyday look. If you are in a wardrobe slump, then girrrrl, this post is for you!

Believe it or not, there are so many different ways of wearing clothes that you already have, by simply wearing pieces that you would not typically pair together.

I created three style boards for you below. They might get your creative juices flowing when shopping your closet for your next outing 😉!

Faux Leather and Lace...
I love these two together, there is just something about the elegance / sexiness of lace and pairing it with an edgy faux leather. Here I added a chunky suede heel, and gold jewelry accents. The emerald ring adds the perfect POC (pop of color) for what I believe to be the cherry on top. 



Flannel and Faux Fur...
I was never a huge flannel person, but I've come to find there are so many ways to get creative with them! You can dress them up or dress them down - they are quite versatile. Here I have paired a flannel dress with a faux infinity scarf, and black / brown accents -  love it. I think the hat also adds the perfect touch to this cute lil' number. 
  • Side note: If you don't own a faux fur infinity scarf, I highly recommend getting one. I love mine and have worn it many times. They are a unique accessory. I even wore mine with a gown for a few of my my maternity pictures, see below. If you are interested in buying one here's a great option for $10.99!


My maternity pictures were taken by Briana Macon of Macon Photography.

Rocker - Chic and Pearls...
I adore pearls. I literally wear layers of them all the time. I have a set of very chunky pearls that I bought at an adorable boutique called Diamonds and Lace when my sister and I were on a trip together. The pearls have maybe 4 or 5 layers of baubles to them, and they are a staple piece for me. This rocker-chic / pearl look is certainly an eclectic and unexpected way of expressing that rocker gal in you!

There are so many ways to mix and match textures and styles. Hope this stirs up your creative side and inspires you to dive into that closet of yours, hopping out with some fun new ways of wearing your wardrobe...if not, I hope it at least gets you excited to go out and shop for some pretty new pieces 🙂!

Love,
Malina 
xo


2 comments:

Sweet Possibilities

There is just something about these warm months that get my brain going in the right direction🌞. I get inspired to do wonderful things! Doe...