Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Applying Mascara

I love mascara! It's a beauty must-have for me, and I do not leave the house without swiping my eyelashes a few times. I believe the magic is in the shape of the brush wand, BUT I also believe the way you apply the mascara is key too.

The Wand Brush
A full / straight wand brush is where it's at! I've tried the curved, angled and small ones....none of them have worked on my lashes. 

Picture of brushes from Allure

Application
I know applying mascara sounds like common sense, but I do believe the application sets the tide! I never curl my eyelashes with an eyelash curler. If you apply the mascara like I discuss below, you shouldn't have to either. 

Steps
1. I dip the brush a few times in the bottle first. Once I'm ready to apply the mascara, I start at the top lashes, in the inner part of the lid - right where the root of your eyelash meets the lip. I hold the wand on the lip for a couple of seconds and move it left to right a few times.

2. I then comb/lift the brush up through the lashes very slowly.

3. Once the brush gets 3/4 of the way through the lashes I hold it there, move it left to right again, and then I very lightly blink. I repeat this several times until I'm happy with the thickness and length. 

NOTE: Depending on the occasion I sometimes swipe on the opposite side of the lashes as well. I will do this in between coats. This creates a fuller and darker lash effect. 

I never put mascara on my bottom lashes. The top lashes leave a touch of mascara on the bottom lashes, and that is enough for me. 


My Favorite Brand / Kind
I'm pretty picky when it comes to brands of mascara. I've tried so many of them! Believe it or not, Neutrogena makes an amazing mascara called Healthy Volume - it's made with olive and almond oil. I've been addicted to it for the past couple of years. I love my lashes very dark, so I always choose the color Carbon Black

Waterproof mascara is so difficult to take off, and can cause breakage to the lashes, so I always buy regular, which washes off really easily with just soap and water🙂. 

Neutrogena Healthy Volume® Mascara

xo,
Malina 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet Possibilities

There is just something about these warm months that get my brain going in the right direction🌞. I get inspired to do wonderful things! Doe...