Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Babywearing Mama

Attention all my babywearing mama's and papa's out there! I am in the market for a new carrier. I loved my BABYBJÖRN while it lasted, but my nugget is out growing it 😢 and I need something a little more supportive for my back and something more versatile - helloooo Ergobaby Omni 360!

                                                                   Ergobaby Blog

I've been doing my research for a little while now, and asking around about all these fancy shmancy wraps and carriers that I've seen. But this one seems like a winner for this mama.


Koa loves her baby carrier and especially loves to face out - she always has. Its hard to find one that offers the facing-out position as your babe gets bigger, so I was excited to learn that the Ergobaby Omni 360 was one of the few that had more options. Pricey (for sure! Ughhh) but I love how many ways you can wear it.


The reviews are awesome, and it has a longer life (7-45 Ibs) than my beloved first carrier which was 25 Ibs MAX. You do not need an infant insert with the Ergo Omni 360 AND for all you nursing mama's out there, you can breast feed your baby in both the Ergo 360 and Ergo Omni 360, talk about multipurpose! I've tried the Baby K'tan but wasn't a fan. Below are some other carriers that I've looked into that have great reviews, but the Ergobaby Omni 360 sounds like the right one for me :)!

Ergobaby Omni 360
$180




Mom using Omni 360 Front Carry Forward Facing   Mom using Omni 360 Front Carry Forward Facing   Mom using Omni 360 Side Carry   Mom using Omni 360 Back Carry

This has the 4 different position options for your baby (facing in, facing out, hip carry and back carry - see here.)  and all the other perks I have mentioned above. 

$160 - $180 (depending on style infant insert NOT included)
Mom using 360 Front Carry Forward Facing   Mom using 360 Front Carry Forward Facing   Mom using 360 Side Carry   Mom using 360 Back Carry

This is incredibly similar to the Omni 360, however you need the infant insert which is sold separately. I've read that it is hot and also, a pain to use. You can also breast feed in this one.

$140
This one also looks like an incredible option! It has great reviews on Amazon, and it too does not need an insert. It has more options for the facing-in position geared towards newborns. It just seems a little more bulky to me around the waist. Total perk - it's a lot cheaper coming in at $140 on Amazon. 

$160 + (depending on style)
I have a few friends with the Tula and they love it! I have been told you can also nurse your baby in this one as well. I'm not a fan of the pattern options, and I don't like that they don't have a facing out option for babies. So that was an easy no for me. 

$55 - 189 (depending on style) 
See the source image
I was given an older version of this as a hand-me-down and I have used it for the entire first year of Koa's life. We've loved it. My big complaint is how hard it is on my back - because I had an older version, I'm not a great judge on this one, but it certainly isn't as multifaceted as the Ergobaby's Omni 360.

xo,
Malina 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet Possibilities

There is just something about these warm months that get my brain going in the right direction🌞. I get inspired to do wonderful things! Doe...