Monday, April 23, 2018

The Blazer...

Oh how I love thee...You make any outfit look put together, stylish and chic all at the same time. Forget about the cardigan - give me a blazer any day, and I'll whip up an outfit that will always look trendy and elegant.


Thank goodness they've come a long way from those retro shoulder padded blazers from the 80's and 90's 🙂!

The classic with a pointed edge - Nordstrom - C-Suite Ponte Blazer - $98.00

You can pair a blazer with merely anything and your outfit will look fab. Try them over a dress, with jeans, a plain white tank/T-shirt, a vintage - rocker tank/T-shirt, plain blouse or patterned blouse, khaki's, black pants, corduroys, funky patterned slacks (been eyeing these up lately 😍), skinnies, flares, shorts, skirts, you name it, they look sleek paired with anything.


Nina Garcia once said "The beauty of the blazer is that it does a tango between the masculine and the feminine, the formal and the casual, the preppy and the trendy, the smart and the sexy." and that to me is what is so wonderful about the blazer.

H&M's Short Jacket - on sale for $34.99

How I judge whether it's the right one for me...

Sleeves
I make sure that they hit right at the wrist (right where the arm and hand bend) or a bit longer - never shorter.

Shoulders
They should be perfectly straight, sharp and crisp at the seams, where the outer edge of your shoulder is.

Closures
I like my blazers to be a slimmer fit but I always make sure that I can button it without any bulging (this means in the front, but also pay note to the sides and back).

Length 
I have shorter blazers and longer ones. If going shorter, make sure that the bottom his where a woman's body naturally curves in at the waist, just above the hips (see the short jacket above). If going for the classic blazer, it should fall at the hip, and below I have two longer styled blazers which will hit below the hip - Oversize Blazer and Cinch Sleeve Blazer (first saw the Cinch sleeve Blazer here and loved it).

Oversize Blazer Nordstrom- $75.00                        Cinch Sleeve Blazer Nordstrom  - $65.00

Favorite Places to Get Blazers
H&M, and Nordstrom actually have some great blazers as does Forever 21 and Macys! No need to spend a fortune! In fact, I have purchased blazers from H&M and Forever 21, they have lasted me years and I still love them. ASOS  has a TON of options as well, some pricier then others. One thing I will say is that I never wash them myself. I wear them a few times and then get them dry cleaned, so they don't lose their shape.

0
                  Boohoo Longline Double Breasted          Single Breasted Blazer Forever 21 - $28.00        
                  Blazer ASOS - $53.00

Don't be afraid to be daring when it comes to blazers ladies! Wear them with funky pants like these, try a brightly colored one (love this!) maybe even go for a patterned blazer like this! They are fun and certainly a great way to express your sense of style.

Love,
Malina
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet Possibilities

There is just something about these warm months that get my brain going in the right direction🌞. I get inspired to do wonderful things! Doe...