Monday, March 12, 2018

My Water Challenge

It's time folks! I'm hopping on board the water train.

I used to be so good about drinking water, but the past couple of years, I've failed. I can see it most in my skin and laugh lines around my eyes etc. Maybe it's all part of the aging progression (I am 2 years over the 30 hump - Ugh!) or maybe I laugh and smile a lot (I do!), but there's no denying that there's a significant decrease in the hydration of my skin / lips....and I use face lotion every day of my life.


Have y'all seen this article where a woman drank 3 liters of water a day for 4 weeks, and it took about 10 years off of her life? I read it a couple years ago, and still think about it. From clearer tone to plumper skin under her eyes and a decrease in dark circles, the change was remarkable... and I'm completely sold! 

Ok, let's set the exterior benefits aside for a second 😉 - 60% of our body is made up of water. We need water for all of our organs in our system to function properly. Water helps regulate our bodies temperature, it cushions and lubricates joints, organs, and protects our spinal cord, tissues and our brain, it helps rid our body of waste and it aids in digestion. With all that being said, it also, increases energy, boosts our immune system, flushes out toxins (which reduces the risk of kidney stones and UTI's - FYI!) and aids in weight loss. ALL amazing benefits to this "magic" liquid and reasons why it needs to be consumed more often.

Here's my problem, I load up on coffee all morning and forget to drink water, then in the evening....wine please! Both of my drinks of choice are dehydrants - whyyyy?!! So, I'm taking this challenge head on! For one month, I plan to drink at least 100 oz of water a day. 

My plan: 
I'll drink water first thing in the morning when I wake up (before coffee!) to help flush out toxins that have been in my system while sleeping, and 32 oz of water before each meal. I am not willing to cut out my glass of wine in the evening, so I've decided that when I have a glass of wine, I will drink 20 oz of water.


If you decide to take the challenge along with me, be sure to keep me posted on how you're doing, and also what changes you've noticed in your body!

xo,
Malina 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet Possibilities

There is just something about these warm months that get my brain going in the right direction🌞. I get inspired to do wonderful things! Doe...