Wednesday, April 25, 2018

ACV...A Healthy And Age-Free Way To Be

I think we all know by now, how miraculous Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) is. Am I right??  Its like the old man in My Big Fat Greek Wedding, whose answer to everything is "Put windex on it". This stuff is a cure-all. Braggs ACV contains "the mother" (strands of proteins, enzymes and friendly bacteria) which is what makes this vinegar the king of all kings.



With both beauty and health benefits ACV was even prescribed by Hippocrates, The Father of Medicine, in ancient Greece...dating back to 400 B.C. - Woah!

Why I Take It 
I struggle with scalp psoriasis which can get pretty inflamed and sore. In the past, when it's flared, ACV does the trick to calm down the inflammation. I started taking it again for different reasons - my skin has been SO dull (most likely from lack of sleep!) and I am breaking out with hormonal acne on my jaw line and chin. Since I got pregnant, I've had to cut out retinoids from my skin care routine, because they contain high amounts of vitamin A (which can be very harmful to a baby). I'm nursing now, so I still can't use them. I'm hoping ACV gives me the refreshing glow that I'm after😊, as well as help to fight and prevent those pesky pimples from popping up.

How to Ingest It
In the past I would take about 1-2 tablespoons a day and add it to a splash of water to dilute it. But lately I'm taking one tablespoon, 2-3 times a day. I'm a total weenie, so while I drink it, I also hold my breath until that intense pucker that comes shortly after the gulp is gone - yuck.

Beauty Benefits of ACV
slows the aging process down
improves skin health (can take internally and topically)
keeps hair healthy and shiny by improving porosity in the hair
whitens teeth
can use as a toner to get rid of age spots and acne
helps fight against free radicals
gets rid of dandruff
it's an antimicrobial so you can use it as a foot soak to help with smelly feet
soothes sunburn
Banishes bad breath when you use it as a rinse

Health/Other Benefits ACV
regulates blood sugar levels
enhances weight loss
lowers cholesterol
relieves symptoms of acid reflux
boosts gut health
fights fungus
supports a healthy immune system
enhances circulation
treats warts
heals poison ivy
weed killer
fights fleas
wards off bugs that bite
helps with seasonal allergies
natural deodorant
balances pH
aids in detoxification of liver and other organs
eliminates candida overgrowth
eases digestive ailments
prevents osteoporosis
boosts energy
relieves muscle pain and cramps
anti-inflammatory
helps soothe dry/sore throat
cleaning agent (helps remove mold)
improves nutrient absorption

If you'd like to learn more about each of these benefits, check these links out here,
here, and here's a video.

For now... hold those chemically filled retinoids please - I'll take a shot of ACV to fight aging, instead 🙂.

xoxo,
Malina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet Possibilities

There is just something about these warm months that get my brain going in the right direction🌞. I get inspired to do wonderful things! Doe...